Arpia boards
October 26, 2020, 09:26:13 PM *
Welcome. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of the Council - START HERE  (Read 2800 times)
EVWeb
Valued Warrior

My Brain Runs On Mac OS 9!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »

Welcome to the Age of the Council public forum.  Hi, I'm EVWeb and the current team leader.

Current Team Members - [LINK]
AotC Handbook (not subject to change) - [LINK]

This public forum is for the discussion of updates and ideas related to development of Age of the Council (AotC), the sequel to Escape Velocity: Override. Peter Cartwright, who designed the latter, also began this project, and he put a huge amount of work into it before deciding not to pursue it further. He was kind enough to pass AotC along, and now we have the opportunity to complete it.

If you think of someone who would be able to help us, please let me know. Whether they've played the original EVO, or just feel like working on a project, bring them around and see if they would like to help. Bringing in new and dedicated individuals, whether for general development or just to complete one specific task, is a good thing.

We should not keep secrets from each other. When you have an idea, no matter how improbable, please share it with the team. I promise that no one will attack it or you. This works both ways, so when someone else puts forth an idea, look for the positives and consider how it can be incorporated. I can’t promise we will use every idea, but the more things we have available to consider, the better the final result will be. We will often discuss whether a certain idea should be used, or how something should be done. I value your opinions and I will often go with the team’s consensus, but in all cases I reserve final decision-making authority.  Also, don't be afraid to just chat with other team members and do other things with them, trust me, it makes the project way more fun.

IMPORTANT NOTE: All AotC related discussion should be done on the forums so everyone can read and comment on any new ideas.  Ideas that are accepted by either informal, or formal vote will be added to the official documents.

Completing AotC will be a team effort that involves a lot of work from everybody. Major tasks include graphics; sounds; storylines; systems and planets; ship updates; outfit updates; engine design; engine programming; and balance testing. There will undoubtedly be a number of smaller jobs as well. We have a lot to do, but we also have a good team and a solid foundation. By splitting up tasks efficiently, they will be accomplished in a timely manner.

Thanks for visiting and showing interest in AotC!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:29:08 AM by EVWeb » Report to moderator   Logged

Wishes life was more like EV... that you can die and just reload the game, you can make obscene amounts of money in no time, and you can have a 20 Million credit space ship repaired for free on any planet.
EVWeb
Valued Warrior

My Brain Runs On Mac OS 9!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:22:48 PM »

BUMP
Report to moderator   Logged

Wishes life was more like EV... that you can die and just reload the game, you can make obscene amounts of money in no time, and you can have a 20 Million credit space ship repaired for free on any planet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: