Arpia boards
November 25, 2020, 10:37:13 PM *
Welcome. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sign Up  (Read 3866 times)
EVWeb
Valued Warrior

My Brain Runs On Mac OS 9!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 26, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Here perspective members can post their info and what they can do.  The current team leader will contact you if we have need of your services.  Please note, right now we are in Phase 0 and are looking primarily for storyline people, game engine designers and coders.  Phase 1 will start with the search for writers and graphics people.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:19:04 PM by EVWeb » Report to moderator   Logged

Wishes life was more like EV... that you can die and just reload the game, you can make obscene amounts of money in no time, and you can have a 20 Million credit space ship repaired for free on any planet.
nilobject
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:50:57 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'm interested in this project because of the connection to EV:O.

I'm a software developer who is planning to create an space oriented RPG game engine. So, I'm interested in the prospect of developing this Nova plug to get some experience as well.

Send me an email if you're interested in helping out.
Thanks, nil
Report to moderator   Logged
U.E. Admiral
Recruited

Override 1.0.1 is best Override!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I'd like to volunteer my unskilled busywork services. I could perhaps label resources in data files (EV/O are notorious in my mind for having unnamed resources nearly everywhere), provide EVO fanatic feedback, proofread any writing done, and perhaps at best propose a minor mission string or two and then run away into the woodwork unless I miraculously pick up a useful skill.

I can be reached by email usually within 24 hours: UnitedEarthAdmiral at yahoo of the commercial variety.
I generally don't spend much time in any real-time chat program, but I can most often hop into one on request.
anilv
Recruited

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 05:11:55 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Qualifications/experience
Graduate student in mathematics
Volunteer dev for an indie MMO (2 years)
Avid theorycrafter (5+ years)

Skills/abilities
Mathematics (especially handy if you're writing/adapting a new engine)
Quality assurance, game balance, game content, team dev work (references available on request)
Spreadsheets… lots and lots of spreadsheets
Working knowledge of EV:N resources and Mission Computer (ported classic plug EV Game Expander to Nova engine)

And finally, why I want to be a part of AotC: I believe that the game Peter Cartwright envisioned has what it takes to become the best EV title ever, and I want to do my part to help that vision become a reality. 

Anyway, major congrats on rebooting the project. You can send me a PM on this forum if you would like to follow up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: